Constructed in 1912, The Karsten Hotel is a charming 23-room hotel that blends arts and crafts architecture, and comfort, all into one historic landmark building in Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
Located on Lake Michigan’s shoreline and Kewaunee’s harbor, just two hours from Milwaukee, The Karsten Hotel has become a popular travel destination and overnight stop en route to Door County and Green Bay (both a mere 25 miles away).
The Karsten Hotel blends historic tradition with small town hospitality:
- Kewaunee, Wisconsin is among the most desirable Midwest tourist destinations for a scenic getaway
- Our tavern and restaurant offer fine drinks and delicious meals for you to enjoy during your stay with us or by stopping in
- You can participate in a multitude of nearby outdoor activities including boating, cycling, fishing, golfing, hiking, hunting, horseback riding, skiing, snowmobiling, tubing, water sports, or a visit to the beach
- Our banquet facilities are ideal for conferences, meetings, weddings, and other events
- Inquire about our limo services
The Karsten Hotel is a perfect place to have a romantic getaway, outdoor adventure, corporate retreat, wedding, or celebrations with your family and friends. It is also a central point for day trips.
For those of you interested in ghosts and the paranormal, three spirits are reportedly known to frequent the hotel including former housekeeper Agatha-room 310, former owner William Karsten Sr., or Billy Karsten Jr.
About Kewaunee, Wisconsin
Kewaunee, a small town in scenic Northeast Wisconsin, where the simple things in life are translated back to the human heart. Located steps away from Kewaunee’s natural harbor on beautiful Lake Michigan, Kewaunee offers a lovely natural setting and a strong sense of history and community. With an excellent public school system and a strong community work ethic, local businesses find a highly qualified and motivated workforce. A wide variety of civic and service organizations contribute to a high quality of life, reflecting the Spirit of the Lakeshore.
Within the heartbeat of Kewaunee lays The Karsten Hotel, which rewards every traveler with family hospitality and a chance to rediscover themselves by opening a door to a simple time in American history. A place where family and friends can gather together to create special memories with their loved ones and enjoy the charm and feel of a small town experience.